Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Body Shop Skin Care (Tea Tree Range)


Hello everyone!
I thought that I should try new skin care products to treat my blemishes, so I went to The Body Shop and headed straight to their Tea Tree section to pick up a few of their products that day.

As I have a sensitive and blemish-prone skin, I decided to try out the Tea Tree skin care essentials first. 
I have been using these Tea Tree products for quite some times now and I am loving it a ton! Although the Tea Tree Range can be considered expensive, but I feel that it is worth the price as they really do help to reduce the appearance of blemishes within 3 days.



First, I have my favorite facial cleanser for now. This cleanser really helps to deep cleansed my face without over-drying the skin and it also removes excess sebum (oil) on the surface, which makes my face feels more refreshed and clean after that. The smell of the facial wash is kind of overwhelming for the first few times and it may sting my eyes/face, but it gets a little more gentle afterwards! 


Next, I tone my face with the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner. It is those kind of toner with mattifying powders settle at the bottom, so I have to 'shake to activate' them before using. This toner really tone my skin effectively and also removes traces of dirt, which leaves my skin looking matte. When applying this on my face, I did feel a cooling-mint effect, which I kind of don't like it at first and it does have a slight scent too. Probably the smell of Tea Tree?!?


Then, I treat my blemishes with the Tea Tree Oil. This oil is not oily at all and it dries up quickly when applied to my face, and it helps to clear my blemishes really quickly. It also has a scent similar to the cleanser and toner, but it was not that strong like the other products. I love everything about this product, but not for it's super tiny size and price!


Lastly, I moisturise my face with this lotion! I find it to be a nice, lightweight, overall treatment for my blemishes as it isn't too harsh for my sensitive skin. This product helps to absorb excess sebum (oil) and also control shine, which I find that it helps to shorten the life of any spot I have.

Tea Tree Skin Cleanser - $20.90
Tea Tree Clearing Toner - $22.90
Tea Tree Oil - $18.90
Tea Tree Lotion - $29.90

So there you have it! As you can see, their Tea Tree range is not the cheapest, but I think it's justifiable to spend a little more as you have only one face and everybody sees it! As Christmas is coming soon, The Body Shop is having a sales, so they are selling these products for the price of $59.90 instead of $92.60! 
Hopefully this post has provided you with some insight into these products. If not, do check out The Body Shop (Tea Tree)

xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment